Public Awareness Program
Our goal at Omega Pipeline is to provide safe, reliable gas service to Fort Leonard Wood, while ensuring the safety of people living and/or working near our facilities. Every Omega employee is committed to fulfilling our public awareness responsibilities as described in our Public Awareness Program.
The objectives of our Omega Public Awareness Program are:
- To increase the stakeholder audience’s awareness of the presence of buried natural gas pipelines in the areas in which the Company operates, thereby reducing the likelihood and magnitude of pipeline accidents.
- To inform the public that pipelines are a relatively common and safe mode of transportation, the Company completes routine maintenance and monitors the facilities, and the Company anticipates and plans for a variety of factors to help prevent pipeline accidents.
- To educate the public on methods of detecting a natural gas leak, how to recognize the odor of natural gas, and what immediate actions should be taken if they suspect a possible gas leak, including how to report the event.
- To help the appropriate emergency response agencies understand the proper actions to take in response to a pipeline accident.
- To explain the importance of a One Call System in helping excavators prevent third party damage and respond properly if they cause damage to the Company’s pipelines.
- To comply with the regulatory requirements set forth by the Missouri Public Service Commission to implement, maintain and evaluate a Public Awareness Program.